home home home

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ballard Designs

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/12335/6h/s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/ballarddesigns/WT337_1?$detail$http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/f7/8/AAAAApUeubUAAAAAAPeMMQ.jpghttp://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/12335/6h/s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/ballarddesigns/WD256_1?$detail$
When you're renting a house, occasionally you will find that you inherit mail intended for the previous tenant....luckily this was the case for me. I'm sure the rest of the World is fully aware of this little bit of bliss, but I've just discovered it thanks to a former tenant's amazing taste.
{I'm pretty sure it's illegal to read other people's mail, but catalogs are okay...right?! Either way, I think it was worth it}
So what's a girl to do when faced with a tantalizing home decor magazine beckoning her from the kitchen counter while she looks at all of the things that need to be done {a boutique in which I have absolutely nothing ready, a 3 year old, a 1 year old, playdates, lunch to be made, dinner started, dishes, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, bathrooms to be scrubbed, beds to be made, toys strewn around the floor,
popcorn and other various bits of colorful kid snacks smashed into the carpet, preschool lessons, crafts, rinse and repeat this process over and over and OVER}
She picks it up and pretends she has a maid.
I spent the rest of the day dreaming and droolng over all of the things I want and all of the things I want to try and make.
*sigh* one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. I sure love they way you write. Not just because it is all true, but because you can make light of all the work we "have" to do. '\

    Good for you to daydream and make such wonderful plans...we all enjoy watching those plans come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete